My favorite part of beauty editors’ letters or columns? Hearing about the number of products that land on their desks before they discover the latest and greatest worth sharing. This was the secret inspiration behind starting inhautepursuit.com with a few notable differences. For one, there is no assistant nor is there a perfectly organized beauty closet.
The reality is that I love the boatload of product sent each week. And, I enjoy the variety of PR pitches, brand presentations and all the feedback from you, my loyal readers and followers. That’s how I arrive at what I consider to be the must-haves and hope my recommendations in some small way help solve your skincare conundrums.
What is it???
Discovering my current favorite sunscreen has really taken some time. Sent by a beauty publicist whom I trust inexplicably with all my grooming needs, a bottle of Epionce Daily Shield Lotion Tinted SPF 50 “landed on my desk” let’s just say. Completely new to me, this non-prescription, professional strength range was developed by Dermatologist Dr. Carl Thornfeldt. Off the bat: too legit.
SPF is non-negotiable
At the risk of overstating the obvious, I can’t underscore enough the importance of sunscreen in your daytime regimen. Unfortunately, finding the perfect formula isn’t as easy and can often make you want to give up. Never settle for a product that leaves behind a white cast or an oil slick. Or one that smells like it’s about to ignite. What makes the Epionce Daily Shield Lotion Tinted SPF 50 such a winner in my book?
- Broad spectrum protection (prevents damage caused by both UVA and UVB)
- Love that it’s tinted *and* blends easily (lightly pigmented, it evens out the tone, which provides a subtle sheer coverage and a satin finish)
- No weird purply hue that many sunblocks leave behind
- One pump dispenses more than enough to cover your entire face and neck
- Pleasant, user friendly, scent is not overpowering
- Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.8%), Zinc Oxide (9.3%) – these don’t break down in the sun and provide strong protection throughout the day
- Skincare benefits featuring anti-inflammatory, antioxidant rich botanicals such as Argan Oil, Rice Bran, Apple and Rosemary Extracts.
Full disclosure: silicones are involved (which luckily never bother me) and while the texture doesn’t have the traditional ‘cone’ slip to it, it glides on beautifully and makes for a smooth application. The tint isn’t so much about a color payoff as it is about leaving your complexion in a bare state of perfection. It’s pretty flawless.
$38 (50ml) – available at epionce.com