While it may indeed take two to tango, when it comes to the latest Drunk Elephant C-Tango™ Multivitamin Eye Treatment, it takes a little more than that. Five forms of Vitamin C, eight peptides, and a solid handful of plant extracts and antioxidants to be exact. Launched to rave reviews a few months ago, I wondered how it differed from the already popular Shaba Complex Eye Serum. Obviously one is a serum and one is a cream. But do I need both?
A note from the brand’s Founder, Tiffany Masterson helped clarify: “Pretend that Protini and C-Firma had a baby… and put it on your eyes for brightening and firming!” Sounds pretty perfect. I also asked an industry insider whose ingredient knowledge I trust inexplicitly. He corroborated: “It’s the stronger, richer, and more active alternative. It’s the Madonna one. Shaba is more like Jennifer Aniston.” Oh, Drunk Elephant, you just keep on pushing my love over the borderline…
Forever a believer in eye cream, I’ve been tapping the stuff from the outer corners inwards and over the orbital bone since I was 19. That’s half my life. Consistency is key but paying attention to ingredient decks is just as important.
Known for their straightforward yet advanced approach to addressing signs of aging, Drunk Elephant has yet to steer me wrong. A fan of C-Firma, Protini and the insanely impressive Sukari Baby Facial, I went on my C-Tango adventure with an open mind. Mere weeks later, I’m obsessed.
Why C-Tango™ is a permanent addition to my routine
- its creamy texture feels weightless upon application and provides lasting moisture and hydration without ever feeling heavy (also, no pilling – ever),
- wears great under a concealer, making it a perfect daytime option
- an impressive blend of peptides, stable forms of Vitamin C, Cucumber Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Ubiquinone, and Marula Oil firms, nourishes, plumps and brightens
- the area under my eyes is visibly smoother and appears well-rested (finally) after only a few weeks
- the airless pump bottle packaging is a huge bonus since I prefer a no-finger-dipping eye cream application
- potent yet gentle, it never irritates the sensitive skin around my eyes
- part of the new Clean at Sephora initiative, which means it’s free of all the ingredients we’re trying to avoid
Since the term anti-aging usually sparks a debate, I’ll be the first to tell you that the consistent use of an effective eye cream is one of my non-negotiable rules in a proper skincare regimen. Try as we all may to embrace the aging process, looking younger longer is still the key goal when putting anything on our faces. Am I right?
Strive for realistic expectations, however, because there simply isn’t an treatment yet that can stop gravity from doing its thing (you need a needle or a scalpel for that). The next best thing? The impressive fusion of active ingredients in C-Tango. You will look fresh, and radiant and like you‘ve gotten 8 hours of sleep (though I’ll know you’ve slept for 3 hours after multiple shots of Patron Silver). This, again speaking from experience.
$64 (15ml) at sephora.com